We follow the C.B.S.E curriculum. At Senior Secondary level streams offered are Commerce stream, Medical stream ( We provide English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subject and Hindi/Computer Science as optional subjects.) and Non-Medical stream (We provide English, Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as compulsory subject and Hindi / Computer Science as optional subjects).
Medium Of Instruction
Acknowledging the fact that most of the students have taken their primary education in Hindi medium, instructions to students from VI to VIII is provided in Hindi medium. During this time intensive teaching of Hindi and English, both as language subjects and co-media, is undertaken through the skilful use of modern techniques of reading languages. This is done so that the switch over to English after class VIII presents no difficulty. The common medium in all Navodaya Vidyalayas is Hindi – for Social Studies as well as Humanities – and English for Mathematics as well as Science.
Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation
Education is a unique investment and accountability is possible only through a well planned mechanism of assessment with reference to its objectives. Examination in ‘its traditional sense has failed to achieve the objectives of education. Introduction of the Scheme of Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation is, therefore, the only alternative to de-emphasis the system of external examinations. The Scheme has been introduced effectively in all the JNVs since 1989-90 with the following objectives :
- To make evaluation an integral part of teaching learning process.
- To use evaluation for improvement of students achievement and teaching learning strategies on the basis of regular diagnosis followed by remedial instructions.
- To make a sound judgment and to plan timely strategies on the basis of regular diagnosis followed by the remedial instructions.
- To facilitate sound judgment and to take timely decisions about the learner, learning process and the learning environment.
- To maintain desired standard for performance using evaluation as a quality control device.
- To provide scope for self-evaluation by teachers and students. Special training has been provided to the Principals and teachers to ensure maintenance of CCE records in proper order.